1. road that allows passengers, horses, or vehicles to pass; 2. circuit; a historical political division within which central government officials supervise a civil administration; 3. a spiritual path (Fu 2017, 352; Hucker 1985, 487; Kroll 2016, online edition).2
1. 人、馬、車輛通行之路; 2. 歷史上的一種行政區劃， 每一個區域都有中央政府特派的來使監督地方官員辦公；3. 宗教信仰 (Fu 2017, 352; Hucker 1985, 487; Kroll 2016, online edition).2
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 漢語大詞典編纂処. 2011. 漢語大詞典, accessed June 12, 2022.
- 2 FU. 2017. Traditional Chinese Architecture: Twelve Essays, 352.; HUCKER. 1985. A Dictionary of official titles in Imperial China, 487.; KROLL. 2016. A Student's Dictionary of Classical and Medieval Chinese, accessed May 27, 2022.
How to Cite This Entry
Bibliography:Tracy Miller et al., “ 道 dào.” In Architectura Sinica, edited by Tracy Miller. Entry published June 1, 2022. https://architecturasinica.org/keyword/k000237.
About this Entry
Entry Title: 道 dào
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- Tracy Miller, editor, Architectura Sinica
- ZHUGE Jing 諸葛净, associate editor, Architectural Terminology
- Tracy Miller and CHEN Zhuo 陈卓, entry contributors, “ 道 dào”
- Website coordination by Yuh-Fen Benda
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Tracy Miller
- Preliminary research CMW M22 CHEN Zhuo 陈卓
Copyright and License for Reuse
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.