Dafo Monastery in Zhangye, Great Buddha Hall 張掖大佛寺大佛殿https://architecturasinica.org/place/000273
- Great Buddha Hall (English)
- 大佛殿 (Traditional Chinese)
- 大佛寺 (Simplified Chinese)
- Dàfósì (Pinyin)
- Ta-fo-ssu (Wade-Giles)
- Zhangye Dafosi Dafodian (English)
- 张掖大佛寺 (Traditional Chinese)
- 张掖大佛寺 (Simplified Chinese)
- 迦叶如来寺 (Traditional Chinese)
Dynasty Xixia 1038 - 1227 1
Building date in question. Xixia reclining Buddha--is building also Xixia?
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 WILKINSON. 2000. Chinese History: A Manual, 12.
Contained in Place
How to Cite This Entry
Tracy Miller, “Dafo Monastery in Zhangye, Great Buddha Hall 張掖大佛寺大佛殿 ” in Architectura Sinica last modified October 1, 2020, https://architecturasinica.org/place/000273.
Bibliography:Tracy Miller, “Dafo Monastery in Zhangye, Great Buddha Hall 張掖大佛寺大佛殿 .” In Architectura Sinica, edited by . Entry published March 21, 2018. https://architecturasinica.org/place/000273.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Dafo Monastery in Zhangye, Great Buddha Hall 張掖大佛寺大佛殿
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- Tracy Miller, entry contributor, “Dafo Monastery in Zhangye, Great Buddha Hall 張掖大佛寺大佛殿 ”
- Editing and proof correction Tracy Miller
- adding external links SUN Zheng
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2018.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.