Dafo Monastery in Zhangye, Great Buddha Hall
Place Type: palatial hall
- Great Buddha Hall (English)
- 大佛殿 (Traditional Chinese)
- 大佛寺 (Simplified Chinese)
- Dafodian (Pinyin)
- Zhangye Dafosi Dafodian (English)
- 张掖大佛寺 (Traditional Chinese)
- 张掖大佛寺 (Simplified Chinese)
- 迦叶如来寺 (Traditional Chinese)
Dynasty Xixia 1038 - 1227
Building date in question. Xixia reclining Buddha--is building also Xixia?
Contained in Place
How to Cite This Entry Show full citation information...
“Dafo Monastery in Zhangye, Great Buddha Hall 張掖大佛寺大佛殿 ” in Architectura Sinica last modified March 21, 2018, https://architecturasinica.org/place/000273.
Bibliography:“Dafo Monastery in Zhangye, Great Buddha Hall 張掖大佛寺大佛殿 .” In Architectura Sinica, edited by . Entry published March 21, 2018. https://architecturasinica.org/place/000273.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Dafo Monastery in Zhangye, Great Buddha Hall 張掖大佛寺大佛殿
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- Tracy Miller, general editor,
- , editor, Architectura Sinica
- Tracy Miller, entry contributor, “Dafo Monastery in Zhangye, Great Buddha Hall 張掖大佛寺大佛殿 ”
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Tracy Miller
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2018.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.