Jin Shrines, Lüzu Ge 晉祠呂祖閣https://architecturasinica.org/place/000048ka
- Lüzu Ge (English)
- 呂祖閣 (Traditional Chinese)
- 吕祖阁 (Simplified Chinese)
- Lǚzǔgé (Pinyin)
- Lü-tsu-ko (Wade-Giles)
Located on the Chaoyang Cavern peak, half way up the mountain. On the left (north) it is connected to the Dushu Tai and the Triple Terrace Ge-pavilion and on the right(south) to the temple wall. Unknown exactly when built, this shrine was not mentioned in Gao Ruxing’s writings on Jinci. According to Liu Yongde, an Ancestor Lü Ge-pavilion was already built in the 38th year of Kangxi’s reign (1689). In an inscription dated to Qianlong 28 (1763) both Chaoyang Cavern and a Duke Lü Ge are mentioned. 1
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 MILLER. 2007. The Divine Nature of Power: Chinese Ritual Architecture at the Sacred Site of Jinci, 197.
- 2 WILKINSON. 2000. Chinese History: A Manual, 12.
Contained in Place
How to Cite This Entry
Bibliography:Tracy Miller, “Jin Shrines, Lüzu Ge 晉祠呂祖閣 .” In Architectura Sinica, edited by . Entry published 2021-10-7-13:07. https://architecturasinica.org/place/000048ka.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Jin Shrines, Lüzu Ge 晉祠呂祖閣
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- Tracy Miller, entry contributor, “Jin Shrines, Lüzu Ge 晉祠呂祖閣 ”
- Website coordination by Yuh-Fen Benda
- Editing and proof correction Tracy Miller Yuh-Fen Benda
- Data entry Jason Pan 潘昱君
Copyright and License for Reuse
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 1.0 Unported License.