Jin Shrines, Huixian Bridge 晉祠會仙橋https://architecturasinica.org/place/000048ua
- Huixian Bridge (English)
- 會仙橋 (Traditional Chinese)
- 会仙桥 (Simplified Chinese)
- Huìxiānqiáo (Pinyin)
- Hui-hsien-ch'iao (Wade-Giles)
- Meeting Transcendents Bridge (English)
- Jinci Huixianqiao (English)
- 晉祠會仙橋 (Traditional Chinese)
- 晋祠会仙桥 (Simplified Chinese)
Original date of construction unknown. A bridge appears in this location on Gao Ruxing's Jinci zhitu. According to Liu Dapeng, legend has it that in the past, on the 14th day of the 4th month, transcendents meet on this bridge. This structure is number 40 on our plan of the site.1
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 MILLER. 2007. The Divine Nature of Power: Chinese Ritual Architecture at the Sacred Site of Jinci, 198.
- 2 WILKINSON. 2000. Chinese History: A Manual, 12.
Contained in Place
How to Cite This Entry
Bibliography:Tracy Miller, “Jin Shrines, Huixian Bridge 晉祠會仙橋 .” In Architectura Sinica, edited by . Entry published September 23, 2021. https://architecturasinica.org/place/000048ua.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Jin Shrines, Huixian Bridge 晉祠會仙橋
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- Tracy Miller, entry contributor, “Jin Shrines, Huixian Bridge 晉祠會仙橋 ”
- Website coordination by Yuh-Fen Benda
- Editing and proof correction Tracy Miller Yuh-Fen Benda
- Data entry ZOU Yuyang 鄒宇洋
Copyright and License for Reuse
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.