Jiutian Sage Mother Temple 九天聖母廟https://architecturasinica.org/place/000052
- Jiutian Sage Mother Temple (English)
- Jiǔtiānshèngmǔmiào (Pinyin)
- Chiu-t`ien-sheng-mu-miao (Wade-Giles)
- 九天聖母廟 (Traditional Chinese)
- 九天圣母庙 (Simplified Chinese)
- Shanxi (Pinyin)
- 山西省 (Traditional Chinese)
- 山西省 (Simplified Chinese)
- Pingshun (Pinyin)
- 平顺 (Simplified Chinese)
- 县 (Simplified Chinese)
- County (English)
- Lat. 36.22523333° Long. 113.3374167°
The Jiutian Shengmu Temple is located in Hedongcun, Beishezhen and is classified as a national-level cultural heritage site. It contains relics from the Song, Ming, and Qing dynasties. According to a stele inscription at the site, the of Jiutian Shengmu Temple was originally built in the Sui Dynasty, and refurbished in the Tang, Song, Yuan, Ming, and Qing Dynasties. Occupying 2,526 m2 of space and facing southward, the temple consists of a single courtyard. The Mountain Gate (the back of which is constructed as an inward-facing stage), offering hall, and main hall are on its central axis, while the side halls, galleries, and attached towers are located on the two sides. There is a Dressing Tower on the east side of the temple complex. The courtyard of the temple complex contains three steles, dating to the Song, Yuan, and Ming Dynasties respectively. It also contains 4 tablets (jie碣) from the Ming dynasty, 12 stele (bei碑) from the Qing dynasty, 10 jie from the Qing dynasty, and 3 stele from the Republican Period.1
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 305-6., 305-6.
- 2 WILKINSON. 2000. Chinese History: A Manual, 12.
How to Cite This Entry
Bibliography:Tracy Miller, “Jiutian Sage Mother Temple 九天聖母廟 .” In Architectura Sinica, edited by . Entry published March 21, 2018. https://architecturasinica.org/place/000052.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Jiutian Sage Mother Temple 九天聖母廟
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- Tracy Miller, entry contributor, “Jiutian Sage Mother Temple 九天聖母廟 ”
- Initial translation in 2021 by LI Zhixian 李知賢
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Tracy Miller
- adding external links Song Qisen
Copyright and License for Reuse
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.