Tiantai Hermitage 天台庵https://architecturasinica.org/place/000093
- Tiantai Hermitage (English)
- Tiāntáiān (Pinyin)
- T'ien-t'ai-an (Wade-Giles)
- 天台庵 (Traditional Chinese)
- 天台庵 (Simplified Chinese)
- Shanxi (Pinyin)
- 山西省 (Traditional Chinese)
- 山西省 (Simplified Chinese)
- Pingshun (Pinyin)
- 平顺 (Simplified Chinese)
- 县 (Simplified Chinese)
- County (English)
- Lat. 36.38344° Long. 113.3922133°
Tiantai Hermitage is located in Beidanche xiang, Wangqu cun, and is registered as a Tang dynasty and a Major Historical and Cultural Site protected at the national level. The original date of construction is unknown. The complex is oriented north-south, facing south. The only extant building is the main hall and its stone foundation. There is also a Tang dynasty stele in the courtyard, but the text is illegible because of erosion. 2
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 WILKINSON. 2000. Chinese History: A Manual, 12.
- 2 国家文物局. 2006. 中国文物地图集. 山西分册, II:304; 32-C3.
How to Cite This Entry
Bibliography:Tracy Miller, “Tiantai Hermitage 天台庵 .” In Architectura Sinica, edited by . Entry published March 21, 2018. https://architecturasinica.org/place/000093.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Tiantai Hermitage 天台庵
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- Tracy Miller, entry contributor, “Tiantai Hermitage 天台庵 ”
- Editing and proof correction Tracy Miller
- adding external links SUN Zheng
- Initial translation by Yue Chen
- Data entry Yue Chen
Copyright and License for Reuse
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.