Xingfan Monastery 興梵寺https://architecturasinica.org/place/000103
- Xingfan Monastery (English)
- Xìngfànsì (Pinyin)
- Hsing-fan-ssu (Wade-Giles)
- 興梵寺 (Traditional Chinese)
- 兴梵寺 (Simplified Chinese)
- Shanxi (Pinyin)
- 山西省 (Traditional Chinese)
- 山西省 (Simplified Chinese)
- 祁 (Simplified Chinese)
- 县 (Simplified Chinese)
- County (English)
- Lat. 37.39033333° Long. 112.4500667°
Site Information兴梵寺 祁县 Xingfansi ZGWWDTJ Shanxi, vol. 3; p.775 33 – C 1 Date of founding unknown, building area of 287 square meters. Facing south, single courtyard design and the only extant building on the central axis is the main hall (大殿).
Dynasty Northern Song 960 - 1127 1
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 WILKINSON, Chinese History: A Manual, 12.
Contains artifact(s) (1)
How to Cite This Entry
Tracy Miller, “Xingfan Monastery 興梵寺 ” in Architectura Sinica last modified September 17, 2020, https://architecturasinica.org/place/000103.
Bibliography:Tracy Miller, “Xingfan Monastery 興梵寺 .” In Architectura Sinica, edited by . Entry published March 21, 2018. https://architecturasinica.org/place/000103.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Xingfan Monastery 興梵寺
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- Tracy Miller, entry contributor, “Xingfan Monastery 興梵寺 ”
- Editing and proof correction Tracy Miller
- adding external links SUN Zheng
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2018.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.