Xingfan Monastery, great hall 興梵寺大殿https://architecturasinica.org/place/000258
- great hall (English)
- 大殿 (Traditional Chinese)
- 大殿 (Simplified Chinese)
- dàdiàn (Pinyin)
- ta-tien (Wade-Giles)
- Xingfansi dadian (English)
- 興梵寺大殿 (Traditional Chinese)
- 兴梵寺大殿 (Simplified Chinese)
- Lat. 37.39033333° Long. 112.4500667°
Building InformationThe main hall is located on a brick platform 1.85 meters high. It is five bays across the front façade with a depth of 6 rafters, and is crowned with a single eaves hip-gable roof (xieshan 歇山). The internal beam structure is 4 columns in depth with a 4-rafter beam connected to both the front and back column circuit by a single-rafter beam (zhaqian 剳牵). Columns support 4 puzuo bracket sets with a single huagong 華栱 (miaogong 杪栱).1
Dynasty Northern Song 960 - 1127 2
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 国家文物局. 2006. 中国文物地图集. 山西分册, III (Xia): 775.
- 2 WILKINSON. 2000. Chinese History: A Manual, 12.
How to Cite This Entry
Tracy Miller, “Xingfan Monastery, great hall 興梵寺大殿 ” in Architectura Sinica last modified October 27, 2021, https://architecturasinica.org/place/000258.
Bibliography:Tracy Miller, “Xingfan Monastery, great hall 興梵寺大殿 .” In Architectura Sinica, edited by Tracy Miller. Entry published March 21, 2018. https://architecturasinica.org/place/000258.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Xingfan Monastery, great hall 興梵寺大殿
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- Tracy Miller, editor, Architectura Sinica
- Tracy Miller, entry contributor, “Xingfan Monastery, great hall 興梵寺大殿 ”
- Initial translation 2010 by Lydia Ohl
- Editing and proof correction Tracy Miller
- adding external links SUN Zheng
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2018.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.