Meaning, literally, "moon terrace," the yuetai refers to a platform or terrace extending in front of a building.4
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 KROLL. 2015. A Student's Dictionary of Classical and Medieval Chinese, 578, 440.
- 2 FU. 2017. Traditional Chinese Architecture: Twelve Essays, 371.
- 3 LIANG. 2005. Chinese architecture: a pictorial history, 191.
- 4 GUO. 2002. A Visual Dictionary of Chinese Architecture, 63.; LITTLE. 2000. Taoism and the Arts of China, 67.
How to Cite This Entry
Bibliography:Tracy Miller, “ 月臺 yuètái.” In Architectura Sinica, edited by Tracy Miller. Entry published May 12, 2020. https://architecturasinica.org/keyword/k000123.
About this Entry
Entry Title: 月臺 yuètái
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- Tracy Miller, editor, Architectura Sinica
- ZHUGE Jing 諸葛净, associate editor, Architectural Terminology
- Tracy Miller, entry contributor, “ 月臺 yuètái”
- Website coordination by Yuh-Fen Benda
- Data entry, proofreading and revision by Tracy Miller
- Data entry, adding citations, and revising statements by SUN Zheng 孫正
Copyright and License for Reuse
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.