Jin Shrines, Suohong Bridge 晉祠鎖虹橋



  • Suohong Bridge (English)
  • 鎖虹橋 (Traditional Chinese)
  • 锁虹桥 (Simplified Chinese)
  • Suǒhóngqiáo (Pinyin)
  • So-hung-ch'iao (Wade-Giles)
  • Wenchang Stone Bridge (English)
  • 文昌石橋 (Traditional Chinese)
  • 文昌石桥 (Simplified Chinese)
  • Jinci Suohongqiao (English)
  • 晉祠鎖虹橋 (Traditional Chinese)
  • 晋祠锁虹桥 (Simplified Chinese)

Building Information

Lock Rainbow Bridge 鎖虹橋 (also called Wenchang Stone Bridge (文昌石橋)) was built after construction of the new, relocated Wenchang temple-palace. According to Yang Eryou’s stele inscription of the construction, stone was used to prevent the need for replacement due to rot common in wooden bridges. 1

Date 1773
Dynasty Qing 1644-1912 2

Works Cited

Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.

  • 1 MILLER. 2007. The Divine Nature of Power: Chinese Ritual Architecture at the Sacred Site of Jinci, 198.Link to Zotero Bibliographic Record
  • 2 WILKINSON. 2000. Chinese History: A Manual, 12.Link to Zotero Bibliographic Record

Contained in Place

How to Cite This Entry

Tracy Miller, “Jin Shrines, Suohong Bridge 晉祠鎖虹橋 ” in Architectura Sinica last modified September 29, 2021, https://architecturasinica.org/place/000048qa.


Tracy Miller, “Jin Shrines, Suohong Bridge 晉祠鎖虹橋 .” In Architectura Sinica, edited by . Entry published September 29, 2021. https://architecturasinica.org/place/000048qa.

About this Entry

Entry Title: Jin Shrines, Suohong Bridge 晉祠鎖虹橋

Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:

  • Tracy Miller, entry contributor, “Jin Shrines, Suohong Bridge 晉祠鎖虹橋

Additional Credit:

  • Website coordination by Yuh-Fen Benda
  • Editing and proof correction Tracy Miller
  • Data entry WANG Beining 王贝宁

Copyright and License for Reuse

Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2021.

Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.