Baiyu Palace, main hall 白玉宮正殿https://architecturasinica.org/place/000128
- main hall (English)
- 正殿 (Traditional Chinese)
- 正殿 (Simplified Chinese)
- zhèngdiàn (Pinyin)
- Cheng-tien (Wade-Giles)
- Baiyugong zhengdian (English)
- 白玉宫正殿 (Traditional Chinese)
- 白玉宫正殿 (Simplified Chinese)
- Lat. 35.65815° Long. 113.2410667°
Building InformationThe main hall (正殿) of Baiyu Palace is built on a 0.8 m high stone podium. The hall has a front façade of 3 bays wide and depth of 4 rafters. It has a single eaves hip-gable roof, with a roof frame composed of a three-rafter beam facing an anterior single-rafter tie beam joined into to the eaves, with three columns in cross-section. The column tops support four-layer bracket sets with a single cantilever, and there are single intercolumnar bracket sets. The original doors and windows are no longer extant.2
Dynasty Jin 1115 - 1234 1
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 WILKINSON, Chinese History: A Manual, 12.
- 2 中国文物地图集. 山西分册, II:513; 23-C10.
How to Cite This Entry
Tracy Miller, “Baiyu Palace, main hall 白玉宮正殿 ” in Architectura Sinica last modified September 25, 2020, https://architecturasinica.org/place/000128.
Bibliography:Tracy Miller, “Baiyu Palace, main hall 白玉宮正殿 .” In Architectura Sinica, edited by Tracy Miller. Entry published March 21, 2018. https://architecturasinica.org/place/000128.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Baiyu Palace, main hall 白玉宮正殿
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- Tracy Miller, editor, Architectura Sinica
- Tracy Miller, entry contributor, “Baiyu Palace, main hall 白玉宮正殿 ”
- Initial translation 2010 by Lydia Ohl
- Translation 2011 by Cole Garrett
- Translation modified 2017 by WONG Pui See
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Tracy Miller
- Adding citations Melanie Lu
- Website coordination by Yuh-Fen Benda
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2018.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.