影作木構 yǐngzuò mùgòuhttps://architecturasinica.org/keyword/k000099
- yǐngzuò mùgòu (preferred) (Pinyin)
- 影作木構 (Traditional Chinese)
- 影作木构 (Simplified Chinese)1
- ying-tso mu-kou (Wade-Giles)
- "Shadow-works timber structure" (lit.) (English)
- Painted representations of timber architecture (English)
First coined in the 1980s (Su Bai 1982, 141-142), yingzuo mugou is a modern term adopted by archaeologists and art historians referring to painted representations of timber architectural components in underground architecture (e.g. tombs, reliquary chambers). The meaning of yingzuo here as a “painted representation of something” has departed from its original context in the Yingzao fashi. Similar appropriations appeared in 1950s (Su Bai 1957), such as in yingzuo men e (painted representations of door lintels), and yingzuo puzuo (painted representations of corbeling (bracket sets)).2
現代考古、美術學界用語，最早出現于1980年代（宿白 1982, 141-142），指地下室 (如墓室、地宮等) 之中彩畫繪出的木構建築構件，這裏“影作”的含義與其最初語境（即《營造法式》）有別，相似用法最早見於1950年代，如“影作門額”、“影作鋪作”等。2
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 宿, 西安地区唐墓壁画的布局和内容, 137-154.
- 2 宿, 西安地区唐墓壁画的布局和内容, 141-142.; 宿, 白沙宋墓, 90.
Broad Match: Bracketing
Broad Match: Architectural Ornament
How to Cite This Entry
Bibliography:“ 影作木構 yǐngzuò mùgòu.” In Architectura Sinica, edited by Tracy Miller. Entry published May 21, 2019. https://architecturasinica.org/keyword/k000099.
About this Entry
Entry Title: 影作木構 yǐngzuò mùgòu
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- Tracy Miller, editor, Architectura Sinica
- Yuh-Fen Benda, associate editor, Architectural Terminology
- REN Sijie 任思捷 and YANG Wantian 楊莞闐, entry contributors, “ 影作木構 yǐngzuò mùgòu”
- Initial research and revision by REN Sijie 任思捷 YANG Wantian 楊莞闐
- Peer review by ATTCAT 2018
- Data entry, proofreading and revision by Tracy Miller
- Adding citations Song Qisen 松奇森
- Revising title statement by SUN Zheng 孫正
Copyright and License for Reuse
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.