Foguang Monastery, Mañjuśrī Hall
Place Type: palatial hall
- Mañjuśrī Hall (English)
- 文殊殿 (Traditional Chinese)
- 文殊殿 (Simplified Chinese)
- Wenshudian (Pinyin)
- Foguangsi Wenshudian (English)
- 佛光寺文殊殿 (Traditional Chinese)
- 佛光寺文殊殿 (Simplified Chinese)
- Lat. 38.8695° Long. 113.387333°
Dynasty Jin 1115 - 1234
1137 early Jin dynasty, use of xiegong in central bay; cloud-shaped arm instead of guazigong makes ct brackt sets jixin; lingong single timber across façade but made to look beveled
lat/long from Dongdadian
Contained in Place
How to Cite This Entry Show full citation information...
“Foguang Monastery, Mañjuśrī Hall 佛光寺文殊殿 ” in Architectura Sinica last modified March 21, 2018, https://architecturasinica.org/place/000170.
Bibliography:“Foguang Monastery, Mañjuśrī Hall 佛光寺文殊殿 .” In Architectura Sinica, edited by . Entry published March 21, 2018. https://architecturasinica.org/place/000170.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Foguang Monastery, Mañjuśrī Hall 佛光寺文殊殿
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- Tracy Miller, general editor,
- , editor, Architectura Sinica
- Tracy Miller, entry contributor, “Foguang Monastery, Mañjuśrī Hall 佛光寺文殊殿 ”
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Tracy Miller
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2018.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.