Lingyan Monastery, Pratyeka Pagoda
Place Type: pagoda
- Pratyeka Pagoda (English)
- 辟支塔 (Traditional Chinese)
- 辟支塔 (Simplified Chinese)
- Bizhita (Pinyin)
- Lingyansi Bizhita (English)
- 靈巖寺辟支塔 (Traditional Chinese)
- 灵岩寺辟支塔 (Simplified Chinese)
- Lingyansi Bizhita
- Lat. 36.3632666° Long. 116.977683°
Dynasty Northern Song 960 - 1127
Northern Song dynasty; corner bracket sets on front facade
zgmscd, p. 585, states first built in Tang Tianbao 12 (753); repaired in the Jiayou period (1056-1064); but style of pagoda suggest Song period repair was more of a rebuilding
Contained in Place
How to Cite This Entry Show full citation information...
“Lingyan Monastery, Pratyeka Pagoda 靈岩寺辟支塔 ” in Architectura Sinica last modified March 21, 2018, https://architecturasinica.org/place/000204.
Bibliography:“Lingyan Monastery, Pratyeka Pagoda 靈岩寺辟支塔 .” In Architectura Sinica, edited by . Entry published March 21, 2018. https://architecturasinica.org/place/000204.
About this Entry
Entry Title: Lingyan Monastery, Pratyeka Pagoda 靈岩寺辟支塔
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- Tracy Miller, general editor,
- , editor, Architectura Sinica
- Tracy Miller, entry contributor, “Lingyan Monastery, Pratyeka Pagoda 靈岩寺辟支塔 ”
- Editing, proofreading, data entry and revision by Tracy Miller
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2018.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.