Type of barrel tile (筒瓦 tongwa) used to cap the end of a line of covering tiles at the eaves.
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 ATTCAT 2018
- 2 FU, Traditional Chinese Architecture: Twelve Essays, 349.
Broad Match: Roofing Tiles
How to Cite This Entry
Bibliography:“ 瓦當 wǎdàng.” In Architectura Sinica, edited by Tracy Miller. Entry published January 25, 2020. https://architecturasinica.org/keyword/k000110.
About this Entry
Entry Title: 瓦當 wǎdàng
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- Tracy Miller, editor, Architectura Sinica
- Yuh-Fen Benda, associate editor, Architectural Terminology
- Peer review by ATTCAT 2018
- Data entry, proofreading and revision by Tracy Miller
- Adding citations Melanie LU
- Revising title statement by SUN Zheng 孫正
Copyright and License for Reuse
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.