literally: "commanding" or "leading" bracket arm (Kroll 2015, 277, 135; Fu 2017, 360); outermost bracket arm (in a bracket set); placed parallel to the building plane, and usually the closest to the eaves purlin (Zuo 2019, 176; Guo 2002, 55); if linggong is used inside the building, it is beneath the suantingfang; also called "single bracket-arm". (Chen, 2010, 131)2
鋪作最外一跳上的横栱，或名”单栱“。外在橑檐方下，内在筭桯方下。（陳 2010, 131）3
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 陳. 2010. 《營造法式》辭解, 131.
- 2 KROLL. 2015. A Student's Dictionary of Classical and Medieval Chinese, 277, 135.; FU. 2017. Traditional Chinese Architecture: Twelve Essays, 360.; ZUO. 2019. Timber-Framed Architecture of the Lower Yangzi, 176.; GUO. 2002. A Visual Dictionary of Chinese Architecture, 55.; 陳. 2010. 《營造法式》辭解, 131.
- 3 陳. 2010. 《營造法式》辭解, 131.
Broad Match: bracketing
How to Cite This Entry
Bibliography:CMW S21 et al., “ 令栱 lìnggǒng.” In Architectura Sinica, edited by Tracy Miller. Entry published March 18, 2021. https://architecturasinica.org/keyword/k000156.
About this Entry
Entry Title: 令栱 lìnggǒng
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- Tracy Miller, editor, Architectura Sinica
- ZHUGE Jing 諸葛净, associate editor, Architectural Terminology
- CMW S21, ZHUGE Jing 諸葛净, and HUAN Kaijie 还凯洁, entry contributors, “ 令栱 lìnggǒng”
- Website coordination by Yuh-Fen Benda
- Preliminary research and revision by HUAN Kaijie 还凯洁
- Peer review by ATTCAT 2021
- English proofreading by Aurelia Campbell Tracy Miller
- Chinese proofreading by ZHUGE Jing 諸葛净 ZUO Lala 左拉拉
- Data entry, adding citations and gloss by HUANG Danni 黄聃婗
- Updating data entry by LI Zhixian 李知賢
Copyright and License for Reuse
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.