- jia'ang (Pinyin without tones)
- 假昂 (Traditional Chinese)
- 假昂 (Simplified Chinese)
- jiǎ’áng (Pinyin)
- chia-ang (Wade-Giles)
literally: "simulated" (Kroll 2015, 193) ang; pseudo-cantilever (Zuo, 2019, 175); false ang (Guo 45)1
Any information without attribution has been created following the Syriaca.org editorial guidelines.
- 1 KROLL. 2015. A Student's Dictionary of Classical and Medieval Chinese, 193.; ZUO. 2019. Timber-Framed Architecture of the Lower Yangzi, 175.; GUO. 2002. A Visual Dictionary of Chinese Architecture, 45.
Broad Match: bracketing
How to Cite This Entry
Bibliography:CMW S21, “ 假昂 jiǎ’áng.” In Architectura Sinica, edited by Tracy Miller. Entry published March 16, 2021. https://architecturasinica.org/keyword/k000166.
About this Entry
Entry Title: 假昂 jiǎ’áng
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- Tracy Miller, editor, Architectura Sinica
- ZHUGE Jing 諸葛净, associate editor, Architectural Terminology
- CMW S21, entry contributor, “ 假昂 jiǎ’áng”
- Website coordination by Yuh-Fen Benda
- Data entry, adding citation and gloss 2021 by ZOU Yuyang 鄒宇洋
Copyright and License for Reuse
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.