zhùtóu pūzuò 柱頭鋪作https://architecturasinica.org/keyword/k000120
- zhutou puzuo (Pinyin without tones)
- 柱頭鋪作 (Traditional Chinese)
- 柱头铺作 (Simplified Chinese)
- zhùtóu pūzuò (Pinyin)
- chu-t'ou p'u-tso (Wade-Giles)
- pillar-top layering work (lit.) (English)
- pillar-top corbelling (ATTCAT preferred) (English)
Puzuo 鋪作 that are joined directly into the top of a pillar or column, as opposed to a location on beams between pillars (e.g. 補間鋪作 bujian puzuo).
Broad Match: building frame
How to Cite This Entry
BAI Ying 白穎, et al., “ 柱頭鋪作 zhùtóu pūzuò” in Architectura Sinica last modified October 1, 2020, https://architecturasinica.org/keyword/k000120.
Bibliography:BAI Ying 白穎, et al., “ 柱頭鋪作 zhùtóu pūzuò.” In Architectura Sinica, edited by Tracy Miller. Entry published May 7, 2020. https://architecturasinica.org/keyword/k000120.
About this Entry
Entry Title: 柱頭鋪作 zhùtóu pūzuò
Authorial and Editorial Responsibility:
- Tracy Miller, editor, Architectura Sinica
- ZHUGE Jing 諸葛凈, associate editor, Architectural Terminology
- BAI Ying 白穎, and CHEN Xintao 陳欣濤, entry contributors, “ 柱頭鋪作 zhùtóu pūzuò”
- Website coordination by Yuh-Fen Benda
- Initial research and revision by BAI Ying 白穎, CHEN Xintao 陳欣濤
- Peer review by ATTCAT 2018
- Editing, proofreading and revision by Tracy Miller
- Data entry, adding citations, and revising statements by SUN Zheng 孫正
Copyright and License for Reuse
Except otherwise noted, this page is © 2020.
Distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.